For the majority of your classwork, Office is the preferred software for submitting your work. The Microsoft Office suite contains the following programs:
- Outlook -- for sending and receiving email as well as maintaining your calendar, diaries and reminders
- Word -- for all your written assessments
- PowerPoint -- for creating slide presentations
- Excel -- for creating spreadsheets and charts
- OneDrive -- like a USB stick on the Internet, OneDrive is your online file storage area. You must have an active Internet connection to use this.
- Office has many more useful programs. Please search the Internet to find more information about how to use Office.
All current students of Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi have access to a free copy of Microsoft Office, which they can install onto their computers.
Follow these steps to install Microsoft Office on your computer.
- Open a web browser and visit: office365.com. Click 'Sign in' at the top right of the page.
- Sign in to Microsoft with your student email address. This is in the format: StudentID@ewananga.ac.nz
- You will be forwarded to the Awanuiārangi login page, where you should log in. If you do not know your login username and password, please search for more help in the eWānanga Helpdesk, or contact us immediately.
- After you have successfully logged in, you will be taken back to Microsoft, where they will ask you a question about staying logged in. If this is your own private computer, click YES to make it easier to log in next time. Do NOT click yes if you are using a shared, public computer.
- If you are brought back to this page, click the blue account logo in the top right and click 'Work, school or university'
- On the following page, click 'Install Office' and then click 'Office 365 apps'
- You will be prompted to download Office to your computer. SAVE the file somewhere you can find it, like your desktop. If you can't find it there, it is probably in a folder called 'Downloads'
- You must then INSTALL the software on to your computer. If you do not know how to do this, you will need to seek some basic assistance with this task. If you contact us, we may be able to find someone who can help step you through this process, but you can also search the Internet with an enquiry such as "How do I install software onto my Windows computer"
- Once installed, you may be asked to ACTIVATE your software, please click here for assistance with this.