Before using macrons in Windows, please make sure you have followed the instructions called:
Set up macrons in Windows.
- When you are writing your text (e.g. in Microsoft Word) click on the Language bar in the task bar. You will likely see EN near the bottom right of your screen
- Select Maori (New Zealand)
- You will see the Language Bar will change to MR
- The image below shows the diacritic key on your keyboard, highlighted in orange.
- You can easily enter a macronised vowel by first pressing the diacritic key on your keyboard, then typing your vowel.
eg. `a = ā `A = Ā
ā ē ī ō ū
Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū