The default setting for email notifications of forum and announcement posts is to receive one notification per day containing all forum/announcement posts made during the day. This single notification digest is sent out after 5pm each day.
If you wish to receive an email notification for every forum/announcement post when it is made, you can change this in your User preferences.
NOTE: Changing this setting may result in you receiving many more email notifications from all the forums you are subscribed to. Every time anyone posts something, you will receive a single notification. This setting applies to all forum/announcement posts across all courses you are enrolled in, and can't be controlled on a per-course basis.
- Hover your mouse over your profile menu at the top-right of the page, and hover over preferences, then click User
- In the preferences menu, choose Forum preferences
- The default is Complete (daily email with full posts). Click this drop-down menu to change
- The setting No digest (single email per forum post) will enable you to receive email notifications any time anyone posts anything in any forum or announcement across all your courses
- Click Save changes when you are done