Sometimes, the file size of your PowerPoint presentation can get very big. In some cases, that can be annoying e.g. when trying to upload presentations to eWānanga LMS, but not being able to do so because the file is too large.
Usually, pictures and videos are the reason why presentations become too big.
The good news is that you can easily "compress" pictures and embedded media by following the steps shown in the video or listed below.
- Open your presentation. Go to File in the PowerPoint menu
- Click Save as and then Browse to where you want to save your PowerPoint
- In the window that opens, click on Tools (right beside Save)
- Select Compress Picturesand then choose the media resolution you need. The following is highly recommended:
- E-mail (96 ppi): minimize document size for sharing
- To save even more space, you can additionally choose Delete cropped areas of pictures to remove the parts of pictures which you cropped in PowerPoint
- Click OK and then Save
- Your presentation should hopefully now be small enough to submit as your eWānanga assignment. If it is still too large, then it will also be too large to email, so you may want to completely remove some of the images or media until eventually it is small enough to submit.