eWānanga LMS lets pouako set up an Assignment with a variety of settings. For example:
- Your pouako can control whether you can make only one submission or can re-submit files, and whether you can upload files after deadlines have passed.
- Some assignment types let your pouako return a submission with comments for revisions. You can then upload your revisions by returning to the link for the assignment.
- Assignments can be for “offline” activities such as a classroom presentation or printed paper, in which case you will not submit anything on eWānanga LMS, but your pouako may use the eWānanga assignment for grading and feedback.
Your pouako can use a standard assignment, which looks similar to this:
Or, they may give you a Turnitin assignment, which looks similar to this:
Note: The names of the assignments given above are examples only. Your pouako will use different names for your assignments, but you can clearly identify assignment activities by their icons.
This page describes the standard assignment. For instructions on submitting a Turnitin assignment, see: Submit a Turnitin assignment.
Submit a standard assignment
You may be asked to attach files or enter text directly into a text box.
Note: If your pouako is asking you to upload a file, they should inform you what file format you should submit (e.g. Word, PowperPoint or PDF document, or a video/audio recordinng).
- Links to assignments can always be found in the sections down the center of the eWānanga LMS course page.
- Click the link to the assignment. The Assignment page will open, showing instructions and your Submission status (date submitted, grade, etc.) for this assignment.
- Click Add Submission. The Assignment submission page will open. Depending on how your pouako set up the assignment, you may have the option to submit file(s) or upload a video and/or audio file.
- To submit a file using drag-and-drop:
- Arrange your computer desktop windows so that you can view both your browser window and your files on your computer (e.g. in an open folder or on your desktop).
- Drag files from your computer, and release them on top of the big blue arrow in the Files area.
- To browse for a file:
- Under File submissions, at the top-left of the file area, click the Add… icon (). The File picker window will open.
- Select a file from your computer, or from the cloud:
- To upload a file from your computer, click Upload a file (at left), then, next to Attachment, click Choose file. Browse your computer and select a file, then click Open. The file name will appear next to the Choose file button.
- To upload a file from OneDrive or Google Drive, click Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive (on the left). You may need to log in with your @ewananga username and password. After logging in, find and select the file to upload.
- (Optional) If you want to rename your file in the file picker, type the new name in the Save as field, and make sure to include the correct file extension (.pdf, .docx, etc.) in the name so the file can open correctly for your pouako.
- Click Upload this file. The File picker will close and an icon for your uploaded file will appear in the Files area.
- Once your file(s) appear in the Files area, click Save changes.
- To submit a video (if required) click here to watch a short instruction piece on how to do this.
- Your pouako may allow you to revise your submission before finalising it. At any time, while your assignment submission is in 'draft', you can click Edit submission to add or replace files. When you are finished making changes, click Save changes.
- To finalize your submission, click Submit assignment, then Continue. Once finalized, you will not be able to make any more changes without asking your pouako if you can resubmit.
- You can check under Submission status on the Assignment page to ensure your file is listed. You can also view feedback and grades from your pouako there.
Note: You should also receive an email at your @ewananga address confirming you have submitted the assignment.
- For some assignment types, you may have the option to submit several files. Click here to learn how to submit more than one file at once.